For a channel to be eligible for monetization, it will have to meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 1,000 subscribers
- Have at least 4,000 hours of watch time within the past 12 months
- Channel/content must adhere to the YouTube Partner Program policies, YouTube Terms of Service, YouTube spam policies, and the Community Guideline
How To Apply to the You Tube Partner Program ?
To apply to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) you can follow these steps, and once the channel meets the first 2 requirements, YouTube will review the channel to make sure it follows all their policies, guidelines and terms.
Can the monetization of channel be disabled even if it meets the requirements of YPP?
A channel may be removed from YPP and have the monetization removed for a number of reasons, Please review this article to identify the reason.
You should be able to reapply after 30 days, but you need to make sure that your channel/content adheres to the YouTube Partner Program policies, YouTube Terms of Service, YouTube spam policies, and the Community Guideline. Community strikes, spam, and other abuse flags will prevent you from joining the program.
If you are Ping Partner but not sure what went wrong, do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I check my watch time for the past 12 months?
- Go to your YouTube Analytics
- After applying to the YouTube Partner Program, you can go to your monetization tab at any moment to check the number of watch hours.