What is Content ID?
Content ID is a digital fingerprinting system created by YouTube to automatically identify and manage copyrighted content on its platform. Content ID allows copyright owners to identify and manage their content on YouTube, by scanning videos and audio for matches to reference files provided by content owners. Copyright owners can then choose to block or monetize their content on YouTube.
How can you use Content ID?
Content ID is a proprietary system developed by YouTube to help copyright holders identify and manage their content on the platform. Content ID can be used by copyright holders to identify when their content is being used without permission on YouTube, and then take appropriate action such as blocking, tracking, or monetizing the unauthorized content. In addition, Content ID can be used by YouTube creators to protect their own content from being used without their permission.
Steps to use Content ID?
- Sign up for a YouTube Content ID account.
- Set up your content rights by uploading your audio and video files.
- Choose which audio/video files you want to protect and claim as your own.
- Create an audio/video fingerprint for each file.
- Set up your content policies including monetization rules and takedown policies.
- Submit the fingerprints to YouTube.
- Monitor your content with YouTube’s Content ID system.
- Take action on any matches that are found.
- Monitor your content and adjust your settings as needed.